It it only natural that there is a logical connection between Anthropology and Christology. The doctrine of man focuses on sinfulness of man, how he after the fall cannot come close to God, who is the source and fountain of all life. The doctrine of man shows us clearly the sinfulness of man, and his lost status after losing the original image of God consisting of true righteousness and holiness. Christology, the doctrine of the person and the work of Christ is the answer to this cry for divine help. Christology tells us how God came to man, how God took the initiative in saving us by bridging the gap between holy God and sinful man. This ethical distance, this moral chasm between infinitely holy God and totally depraved and unable man is closed by Christ. Christology is the doctrine of the objective work of God in Christ.
The Names of Christ
- Greek form of Joshua
- personal name of the Messiah
- Meaning: to save “…and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins”
- official name of the Messiah
- from the Greek word “christos”
- Meaning: “the anointed one”
- In the Old Testament, there were three kinds of officers who were anointed with oil: King, Priest, and Prophet.
- Oil in anointing represented the Spirit of God (Isa 61:1, Zech 4:6)
- The anointing was a visible sign of
- an appointment to office
- the establishment of a sacred relationship and the sacrosanctness of the person anointed
- a communication of the Spirit to the anointed one
- The anointing of Christ
- Eternally, Christ was appointed or anointed to these offices of prophet, priest and king
- Historically, his anointing took place when he was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and received the Holy Spirit at the time of His baptism
- “It served to qualify Him for His great task”
- Son of Man
- Dan 7:13
- “Dr. Vos in his work on The Self-Disclosure of Jesus divides the passages in which the name occurs into four classes: (a) Passages which clearly refer to the eschatological coming of the Son of Man, as for instance, Matt. 16:27, 28; Mark 8:38; 13:26, etc. and parallels. (b) Passages which speak particularly of Jesus’ sufferings, death, and (sometimes) resurrection, as, for instance, Matt. 17:22; 20:18,19,28; 12:40, etc. and parallels. (c) Passages in the Fourth Gospel, in which the heavenly superhuman side and the pre-existence of Jesus is stressed, as for instance, 1:51; 3:13,14; 6:27,53,62; 8:28, and so on. (d) A small group of passages, in which Jesus reflects upon His human nature, Mark 2:27, 28; John 5:27; 6:27,51,62″
- Son of God
- In the Old Testament
- (a) to the people of Israel, Ex. 4:22; Jer. 31:9; Hos. 11:1
- (b) to officials among Israel, especially to the promised king of the house of David, II Sam. 7:14; Ps. 89:27;
- (c) to angels, Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7; Ps. 29:1; 89:6; and
- (d) to pious people in general, Gen. 6:2; Ps. 73:15; Prov. 14:26
- In the New Testament
- In the Old Testament
- Lord (Kurios)
예수님의 이름들.. 예수님 제가 감히 주님을 공부합니다. 하나님께서 성경에 계시하여 주신 이 놀라우신 예수님의 이름들을 공부합니다. 저는 지금까지 예수 그리스도라는 말을 내뱉을 때에 그 이름이 내포하고 있는 뜻을 마음에 두지 않았습니다. 하지만 오늘 배웠습니다.
그리스도라는 이름은 기름 부은 받은 자라는 뜻으로 구약 성경의 메시아의 그리스어 버젼이다. 구약에서는 선지자, 제사장, 왕만이 기름 부음을 받았고, 이 기름은 하나님의 성령을 상징하였다. 예수라는 말은 주님의 개인적인 이름이지만 그리스도라는 이름은 주님의 공적인 지위를 나타낸다고 할 수 있다. 예수님께서는 covenant of redemption 하나님 아버지와 구속 언약에 들어가셨을 때부터 인간의 유일한 중보자로 임명을 받으셨지만 역사적으로는 성령으로 잉태되셨을 때에 그리고 세례를 받으시고 성령님이 비둘기 형체로 예수님 머리 위로 내려오셨을 때에 기름 부음 받으셨다.
The Natures of Christ
- Scripture proof for the deity of Christ
- Scripture proof for the humanity of Christ
- Christ possessed a material body and rational soul
- Scripture proof for the sinless humanity of Christ
- We ascribe to Christ not only natural, but also moral, integrity or moral perfection, that is sinlessness. This means not merely that Christ could avoid sinning (potuit non peccare), and did actually avoid it, but also that it was impossible for Him to sin (non potuit peccare) because of the essential bond between the human and the divine natures.
- 그리스도께서는 죄를 짓지 아니하셨을 뿐만 아니라 죄를 지을 수 없는 존재셨다.
- The necessity of the two natures in Christ
- The necessity of His manhood
- The necessity of His Godhead
요약: 신성 (divine nature) 과 인성(human nature), two natures in one person of Jesus Christ. “The Son of God, the second person of the Trinity, being very and eternal God, of one substance and equal with the Father, did, when the fullness of time was come, take upon Him man’s nature, with all the essential properties, and common infirmities thereof, yet without sin; being conceived by the power of the Holy Ghost, in the womb of the virgin Mary, of her substance. So that two whole, perfect, and distinct natures, the Godhead and the manhood, were inseparably joined together in one person, without conversion, composition, or confusion. Which person is very God, and very man, yet one Christ, the only Mediator between God and man.” WCF 8:2